Quiz: Discover Your Homeschool Philosophy
Click "Submit" for the group of statements with which
you most identify or agree.
- I want my children to learn age appropriate information in increments each year.
- There is a standard basis for educational milestones at every age.
- I rely on having a schedule that is predictable and well laid out.
- I would like to have a standardized scope and sequence.
- I am the kind of person that will follow through with lesson plans at a set pace.
- I would like to incorporate testing and grading.
- My child performed well/would perform well in school.
- My child can stay focused and on task and thrives on having defined instructions and goals.
- Academic achievement is a high priority.
- I want my children to familiarize themselves with the great minds that have influenced history. This will inspire them to become great thinkers, leaders, and problem solvers.
- Children need to learn how to think on their own and have original ideas.
- I would like my child to be inspired by the classics in art, literature, and science.
- I think it's important that I learn alongside my children and that we discover and grow together.
- I like to study and discuss ideas that have influenced civilization.
- I believe that children should be taught according to developmental stages rather than years in school.
- I want my child to be a self motivated learner.
- An education is a life long pursuit.
- I want my children to gain knowledge and skills that will be of practical use to them in the real world.
- Reading is the gateway to knowledge.
- I am comfortable with a more free form of learning.
- I want my children to learn through experiences.
- I plan to expose my children to knowledge and learning through exploring nature, visiting museums and historical sites.
- I want to encourage curiosity and creative thinking by providing hands on exposure to materials.
- I don't believe in "busy work."
- Teaching my child to have good moral character is important.
- I want my child to learn by studying topics and themes that are of interest to him.
- I would like to teach children of all ages together.
- I believe that I can incorporate elements of math, reading, grammar, spelling, science, etc. as we study about a specific topic such as "dinosaurs," "insects," or "Ecosystems."
- I like the idea of fully delving into a topic of study before moving on to the next.
- I believe play is the real work of a child.
- Children are forced to learn things at an early age. They need more freedom.
- Children need time and space to think and discover things on their own.
- I want to give my child the freedom to pursue his own interests.
- I believe that a child will learn naturally as she inquires about the world around her.
- It is important to foster natural curiosity and love of learning.
- I am not concerned about educational milestones. I want my child to develop at his own pace.
- I do not fit into one group. I agree/disagree with many of the statements from each group.