What people like-
- Uses the same concepts and rules as All About Reading.
- Teaches phonograms (letter combinations which form a base for several words).
- Children learn at their own pace, one concept at a time.
- Children learn in multi-sensory ways (letter tiles, flashcards, etc.)
- Works for all learning styles.
What people don’t like-
- There are a lot of components. Each level requires a student packet, teacher manual, and the interactive kit.
- There is a lot of memorization.
- There is a lot of set up in the beginning.
- Parents need to be involved.
- Use the free app for phonogram sounds instead of purchasing the phonogram cd.
- There is a satisfaction guarantee (See website for details).
Spelling Power is also multi-sensory. http://spellingpower.com/
Have older children (4th grade+) who prefer to work independently? Try Spelling Smart! http://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=026850
Marie Rippel/All About Learning Press, Inc./ http://www.allaboutlearningpress.com/all-about-spelling/
Summary from company-
“All About Spelling is a seven level program. It teaches encoding skills, reliable spelling rules, and multisensory strategies to help your student become a proficient speller for life. Based on the latest research, this award-winning program provides complete and comprehensive instruction using the Orton-Gillingham approach. We take the struggle out of spelling!”