What people like-
- Offers 30 foreign language choices.
- Can purchase through an online subscription, including an app, or as a CD or download.
- Teaches foreign languages in a natural, practical way.
- Self-guiding and just the right amount of challenge for kids and adults alike.
- The use of pictures is helpful.
- It's interactive and fun.
- Kids enjoy it and learn a lot of vocabulary.
- Parents can track their child’s progress with the homeschool version, which also offers worksheets.
What people don’t like-
- It’s expensive, but it does go on sale from time to time.
- The homeschool version seems to have some issues, such as a lack of tech support.
- Sometimes the microphone doesn’t pick up sound very well.
- Consider purchasing the regular version of Rosetta Stone instead of the homeschool version.
- Try the free demo offered on the website.
Want a similar program that is less expensive? Try Instant Immersion.
Want a completely free online foreign language program? Check outDuolingo. https://www.duolingo.com/
Author/Publisher/Website- Allen Stoltzfus, John Fairfield, Eugene Stoltzfus/ Rosetta Stone Ltd./http://www.rosettastone.com/
Summary from company- “Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE: RST) is dedicated to changing people's lives through the power of language and literacy education. The company's innovative, personalized language and reading programs drive positive learning outcomes in thousands of schools, businesses, government organizations and for millions of individual learners around the world.”
What Friends are Saying About Rosetta Stone...
I first used Rosetta Stone when it was offered to me free through my husband's company. We had just moved to Peru and I only knew high school Spanish. Rosetta Stone really helped me and my children to learn the basics of Spanish. We liked the natural approach and how it starts with familiar words and phrases. - Camie
We love it, my son is learning polish, I speak polish so i can see the progress, but i do not make it easy for him, all he knows is learned from roseta stone. -Kasia